Before you leave home, there are several simple steps you can take to protect your vehicle, your trip and your loves ones.
Although you might think your Mazda feels and sounds good to go for a long drive, it might not be.
If you're planning to travel more than two hours one way, it's really worthwhile taking 10 minutes to give your car a quick check over before you hit the road as nothing takes the fun out of a road trip like a breakdown or having to be towed.
Here are the things to check before you head off - plus essential items to carry with you in case trouble does strike.
Before you head off on your great adventure, run through these basic checks to make sure your Mazda is in good working order. If you find any issues, call our Mount Gravatt Mazda Service Department – better to be safe than sorry.
- Drivers License-Don't leave home without it!
- Make sure you have enough fuel, oil and radiator coolant
- Make sure all your tyres are properly inflated and they have enough tread
- Clean your windscreen and make sure the wipers and washers are operating and cleaning correctly
- Make sure your fuel gauge and temperature gauge are operating correctly
- Check that the spare wheel is secured and in good condition
- Check under your vehicle for obvious leaks when parked for a period of time - if you find a leak, RAC Auto Services can assist
- Make sure all your lights and indicators are working
- Make sure your owner’s manual is handy
- If towing a trailer or caravan, make sure you understand your vehicle's towing capacity before checking the chains, couplings, sway bars, shackles, and lights and ensure that any awnings and doors are locked in place
- Make sure your car has had a service with a comprehensive safety check within a reasonable time frame prior to setting off
- Find your car's spare key and keep it with you in case you lose the one you are using
- Make sure you have your podcast downloaded (You may lose service), music library up to date. Or your favourite CD’s if you’re old fashioned.
- Don’t forget any of those necessary cables; Car charger for your phone, auxiliary cable if applicable, USB cables, camera chargers, Go Pro chargers, drone chargers, etc.
Car Emergency Kit
- Extra batteries
- Jumper cables
- First aid kit
- Heavy-duty gloves
- Reflective vest or blanket
Follow these checklists and tips and the travel portion of your road trip should be smooth sailing! What's more, schedule your car’s road trip maintenance service at Mount Gravatt Mazda. We are your trusted source for all your vehicle service needs. Book an appointment in-person, by phone, or online today. Our factory-trained technicians are ready to serve you!