Australia's most popular light SUV, the Mazda CX-3, will continue to stand out from the crowd with a refreshed exterior arriving in time for summer.
"As part of our philosophy to constantly refine the product offer, the updated Mazda CX-3 creates additional aesthetic impact with gloss black lower body sections now available on sTouring, Akari and Akari LE grades," said Mazda Australia Managing Director, Vinesh Bhindi.
"This contrasting look further differentiates MazdaCX-3, enabling it to further stand out from what is a highly competitive vehicle segment," he added.
"We continue to be impressed with the Mazda CX-3's market performance.
The updated Mazda CX-3 range will arrive in Australian dealerships in December.
Black-painted bodywork and new premium paint option add further sophistication
A sophisticated new look is now available on the higher-grade Mazda CX-3 models, with the addition of gloss black painted lower body panels on upmarket sTouring, Akari and Akari LE.
Also joining the external colour palette is the stylishly understated Platinum Quartz Metallic paint finish, already familiar to our Mazda CX-8 SUV model line.
The range has also added rear seat belt reminders to conform with the latest Australian Design Rule regulations.
The Mazda CX-3 drivetrain
All Australian Mazda CX-3 variants are powered by a 2.0-litre Skyactiv-G petrol engine, with a choice of front- or all-wheel drive available depending on grade.
Featuring a high 13.0:1 compression ratio and Mazda's i-stop technology, this advanced petrol engine delivers 110kW at 6,000rpm and 195Nm at an accessible 2,800rpm, for maximum response throughout the rev range.
Continuing Mazda Australia's strategy of maximising customer choice, front-wheel drive Mazda CX-3 can be ordered with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions depending on grade.
For front-wheel drive manual variants, combined fuel consumption sits at 6.6L/100km. Opting for the six-speed automatic transmission drops this to 6.3L/100km
Mazda's i-Activ all-wheel drive system is exclusively available with the six-speed automatic transmission, returning 6.7L/100km on the combined fuel economy cycle.
By model: Mazda CX-3 specification highlights
Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport
- 16-inch steel wheels with 215/60 tyres
- Halogen headlamps
- Power mirrors, body coloured with folding function
- Airbags: front and passenger, front sides, front and rear curtains
- Front seats with height adjustment
- Black cloth upholstery
- Rear seats with 60/40 split fold
- Electric parking brake with auto hold function
- 8.0-inch full colour touchscreen infotainment
- Six-speaker audio system with AM/FM and DAB+
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Bluetooth handsfree phone and audio capability
- Internet radio integration
- Multi-function 'commander' control
- Advanced keyless push-button start
- Rear parking sensors
- Reverse camera
- Smart City Brake Support with night time pedestrian recognition
Maxx Sport (in addition to Neo Sport)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Headlamps with auto on/off
- 2-speed front wipers with rain-sensing function
- Rear seats with centre fold-down armrest
- Leather-wrapped gear knob and steering wheel
- Overhead sunglass storage box
- Climate control air-conditioning
- Satellite navigation
- Rear-view mirror with auto-dimming function
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Maxx Sport LE (in addition to Maxx Sport)
- Tan Grand Luxe® suede-like material and Pure White Maztex leatherette upholstery.
- Unique 16-inch alloy wheels
- Gloss black side mirrors and front grille
sTouring (in addition to Maxx Sport)
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 215/50 tyres
- Power mirrors, body coloured with heating and folding functions
- LED daytime running lamps
- LED front fog-lamps
- LED Headlamps
- LED tail-lamps
- High Beam Control
- Black Maztex and black cloth upholstery
- Active Driving Display (flip-up)
- Advanced keyless entry
- Driver Attention Alert
- Front parking sensors
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Lane Departure Warning
Akari (in addition to sTouring)
- Power sliding and tilt glass sunroof
- Driver's seat with 2-position memory function and 10-way power adjustment
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- Black or Pure white leather upholstery
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- 360-degree View Monitor
- Adaptive LED Headlamps
Akari LE (in addition to Akari)
Bright-finished alloy wheels
Dark russet nappa leather upholstery
Dark russet centre console, centre and door armrests with white stitching
Pure white metallic air vent rings
Pure white door and dashboard trim inserts
Available exterior paint finishes:
- Platinum Quartz Metallic (new)
- Polymetal Grey Metallic
- Soul Red Crystal Metallic
- Machine Grey Metallic
- Ceramic Metallic
- Deep Crystal Blue Mica
- Eternal Blue Mica
- Jet Black Mica
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica
- Black Cloth (Neo Sport, Maxx Sport)
- Pure White Maztex and Tan Grand Luxe Synthetic Suede (Maxx Sport LE)
- Black Maztex / Cloth (sTouring)
- Black Leather (Akari)
- Dark Russet Nappa Leather (Akari LE)
Warranty and roadside assist
All Mazda models feature a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty as well as five years' premium roadside assistance.