Mazda has revealed a new entry point to the Brand-New Mazda BT-50 range, announcing pricing for 2022 model updates.
With ample stock headed for Australia, a new powertrain and two new grades, Brand-New Mazda BT-50 expands its offering to a wider range of ute buyers.
Mazda Australia Managing Director, Vinesh Bhindi, said the update and availability of the model boosts appeal for the company's premium utility vehicle.
"Giving customers a diverse and comprehensive product offer is a hallmark of the Mazda business," he said.
"We know how important personalisation is for our customers, particularly when it comes to the utility segment. The addition of a new powertrain, a new entry grade and a stylish new high grade in the SP, combined with ready availability of stock, gives our customers more opportunity to find their right vehicle sooner."
Mated to the new 1.9-litre turbo-diesel powerplant with automatic transmission, the new XS grade opens the Mazda BT-50 range at $33,550 list price for the 4x2 Single Cab Chassis. The XS is also available as a 4x2 or 4x4 Dual Cab Pickup, priced at $42,490 and $51,110 respectively.
At the top end, a stylishly appointed SP grade sits above and builds on the comprehensively equipped GT grade. A suite of black and grey exterior features give a sporty appeal to the SP, which starts at $62,990 for the 3.0-litre turbo-diesel equipped 4x4 Dual Cab Pickup in manual and $65,990 for the automatic option.
Brand-New Mazda BT-50 will be available from January 2022.
Introducing the Mazda BT-50 SP
The first-ever Mazda BT-50 SP introduces the significant SP badge to Mazda's utility vehicle for the first time.
Positioned above the luxuriously appointed BT-50 GT Dual Cab Pickup, the factory-produced BT-50 SP uses a combination of black and grey exterior features to give a sporty appeal. Building on the highly specified GT, which already includes heated front seats and an auto-dimming interior mirror, the SP adds:
- Metallic grey roof rails
- Black grille
- Gunmetal signature wing
- Gloss black exterior mirrors
- Gloss black door handles
- Satin black 18-inch alloy wheels
- Grey side steps
- Black and Driftwood leather with synthetic suede interior trim
- Manually-operated black roller tonneau cover
- Tub liner
- Gloss black sail-plane sport bar
- Front bumper lower decoration trim
- Gloss black wheel flares
BT-50 SP is powered by the current 3.0-litre turbocharged diesel four-cylinder engine, producing 140kW and 450Nm. Exclusively available in 4 x 4 Dual Cab Pickup form, the BT-50 SP comes with a choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions.
Ready to work: The new Mazda BT-50 XS
With a new 1.9-litre turbocharged diesel engine, the new Mazda BT-50 XS grade presents an exciting entry into the BT-50 model range.
Available in three styles (4 x 2 Single Cab Chassis, 4 x 2 Dual Cab Pickup and 4 x 4 Dual Cab Pickup), the BT-50 XS's four-cylinder turbo-diesel generates 110kW and a 350Nm torque peak and is capable of towing up to three tonnes. All models feature a six-speed automatic transmission.
Mazda BT-50 XS 4x2 models ride on steel wheels, with key equipment otherwise being identical to the existing 3.0-litre XT. This means a strong focus on advanced safety features and integrated connectivity technologies to get the job done.
BT-50 XS and XT specification highlights
- 17-inch steel wheels (XS 4x2)
- 17-inch alloy wheels (XS 4x4 and XT)
- LED Headlamps with manual levelling
- Power-adjustable body-coloured exterior mirrors
- Black cloth seat trim
- Power windows
- Vinyl floor
- Cruise Control (manual transmission)
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go (automatic transmission)
- 7-inch full-colour infotainment touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay® (wireless and USB) and Android™ Auto (USB)
- Bluetooth® hands-free telephone and audio capability
- DAB+ digital radio
- Reverse camera
- Rear-seat USB charging point (dual cab models only)
- Airbags SRS (driver, front passenger, side, curtain, driver's knee and driver's far-side)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Attention Assist
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK) – Overtaking
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS) (automatic transmission only)
- Locking Rear Differential (LRD) – switchable on/off (4x4 models)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear Parking Sensors (Pickup body only)
- Roll Over Protection (ROP)
- Secondary Collision Reduction
- Speed Assist System
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Turn Assist
GRADE, BODY & DRIVETRAIN ENGINE TRANSMISSION DRIVEAWAY PRICE
XS Single Cab Chassis 4X2 1.9L Auto $38,490*
XT Single Cab Chassis 4X2 3.0L Auto $40,490
XT Freestyle Cab Chassis 4X2 3.0L Auto $43,990
XT Dual Cab Chassis 4X2 3.0L Auto $47,490
XS Dual Cab Pickup 4X2 1.9L Auto $43,990*
XT Dual Cab Pickup 4X2 3.0L Auto $45,990
XTR Dual Cab Pickup 4X2 3.0L Auto $48,990
XT Single Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Manual $45,490
XT Single Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Auto $47,990
XT Freestyle Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Manual $48,990
XT Freestyle Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Auto $51,490
XT Dual Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Manual $52,490
XT Dual Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Auto $54,990
XTR Dual Cab Chassis 4X4 3.0L Auto $57,990*
XS Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 1.9L Auto $51,490*
XT Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Manual $50,990
XT Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Auto $53,490
XTR Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Manual $53,990
XTR Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Auto $56,490
GT Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Manual $56,990
GT Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Auto $59,990
SP Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Manual $62,990
SP Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Auto $65,990
Thunder Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Manual $65,990
Thunder Dual Cab Pickup 4X4 3.0L Auto $68,990
*Driveaway pricing for ABN buyers only.