Mazda Australia is proud to announce key updates to the stylish Mazda6 Sedan and Wagon ranges for 2021.
"As our passenger car flagship, Mazda6 holds strong appeal in its segment with its advanced specification and option of Sedan and Wagon body styles," said Mazda Australia Managing Director, Vinesh Bhindi.
"This latest update is highlighted by the new GT SP model, which brings a distinctly sporty characteristic to the Mazda6 range and builds on the local GT SP portfolio alongside the CX-9," he said.
The updated Mazda6 range will go on-sale in March 2021.
New GT SP Turbo now available in Sedan and Wagon
Featuring the turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine, the new GT SP Sedan and Wagon take the previous GT line a step further.
Unique 19-inch alloy wheels finished in black metallic combine with black mirror caps to create a distinctly sporty exterior aesthetic.
Inside, the GT SP models feature a stunning new burgundy leather seat upholstery as well as front and rear seat heating. This red theme continues with new stitching applied to the instrument panel and door trims. A bright finish is applied to the instrument panel decoration strip, vents and door handles.
Both GT SP and Atenza models now feature 'Turbo' exterior badging for further differentiation.
Polymetal Grey Metallic available range-wide
The stunning Polymetal Grey Metallic finish has been added to the Mazda6's exterior colour palette and is now available across the range.
Two efficient, powerful petrol engines are available for the Mazda6.
Sport and Touring Sedans and Wagons feature the renowned 2.5-litre four-cylinder Skyactiv-G petrol engine, powering the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission.
Using a high 13.0:1 compression ratio, this responsive and 'revvy' power unit provides 140kW of power at 6,000rpm with maximum torque of 252Nm at 4,000rpm and can comfortably run on 91-octane unleaded petrol.
Combined-cycle fuel economy is 7.0L/100km.
Both GT SP and Atenza variants utilise a turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine to generate an impressive 170kW power peak at 5,000rpm, backed up by a strong 420Nm torque figure produced at only 2,000rpm. A specific six-speed automatic transmission is used for this application, featuring bespoke gear and final drive ratios to maximise performance and efficiency.
Impressively, the turbocharged engine can also run on 91-octane unleaded, and records 7.6L/100km fuel consumption on the combined cycle.
Featuring a five-star ANCAP safety rating, the updated Mazda6 range continues to put safety first with a wide range of passive and active safety features.
Key range-wide safety technologies include Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Recognition, Lane Departure Warning, Lane-Keep Assist System and Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go function. Front airbags for driver and front passenger combine with front Side and front/rear Curtain airbags for further peace of mind.
Key specification highlights
Strongly specified as standard, the Mazda6 Sport Sedan and Wagon offer the following:
- 17-inch alloy wheels with 225/55 tyres
- Headlamps (LED)
- Exterior mirrors with power adjustment, heating and folding function
- Rear spoiler (Wagon)
- Roof rails (Wagon)
- Tail-lamps (LED)
- Wiper (rear) with intermittent function (Wagon)
- Wipers (front) 2-speed with rain-sensing function
- 8-inch full colour touch screen display (MZD Connect)
- Air-conditioning (dual-zone climate control) with rear vents
- Apple Carplay® and Android® Auto
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio capability
- Cargo area tonneau cover with 'Karakuri' up and down function (Wagon)
- Cargo net (Wagon)
- Electric parking brake with Auto Hold
- Internet radio integration (Stitcher™ and Aha™)
- Leather wrapped: gear shift knob and steering wheel
- Multi-function commander control
- Paddle shift gear control
- Satellite navigation
- Black cloth upholstery
- USB charging port (rear seat armrest)
- USB-audio input ports (iPod compatible)
- Active Driving Display
- Advanced keyless push-button engine start
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
- High Beam Control (HBC)
- Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS)
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with Stop & Go function
- Parking sensors (rear)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear-view mirror with auto dimming function
- Reverse camera
- Smart Brake Support (SBS)
- Smart City Brake Support [Forward/Reverse] (SCBS F/R)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Touring variants add:
- Daytime running lamps (LED)
- Exterior mirrors with auto folding function
- Front seats with: 2-position memory function (driver), 10-way power adjustment (driver) and 6-way power adjustment (passenger)
- Black leather upholstery
- Advanced keyless entry
- Parking sensors (front)
As well as the turbocharged 2.5-litre petrol engine, the new GT SP adds the following beyond Touring:
- Metallic black 19-inch alloy wheels with 225/45 tyres
- Front and rear seat heating
- Burgundy leather upholstery
- Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS)
Befitting its status, the range-topping Atenza adds the below over GT SP:
- Bright finish 19-inch alloy wheels with 225/45 tyres
- Power sliding and tilt glass sunroof
- Front seat ventilation
- Choice of Walnut brown or Pure white nappa leather seat upholstery
- 7-inch TFT LCD multi-information meter display
- Ambient lighting (LED)
- Black headlining
- Frameless rear-view mirror
- Genuine wood door and dash trim inserts
- Ultrasuede® door and dashboard trim inserts
- 360° View Monitor
- Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)
- Heated steering wheel